The purpose of the this article is to outline the steps needed to take to properly configure / setup your account to use the SonicWall VPN connection and Authentication app to access internal resources.
Please read through all important information before continuing with this article
- The Authenticator app to be used is named "Authy" and can be downloaded as follows:
Please make sure to follow all steps as written below. If there is any issues with this article please report them to the IT Department immediately for corrections and additions.
- If you do not have the "Authy" two factor authentication app installed on your mobile device you can download it for Apple iOS or Google Play Store
- Open up either Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge and go to http://employee.cfservices.org
- If you get a message stating your connection is not private, press the "Advanced" button and then click the link to "Continue (unsafe)"
- At the login for SonicWall Secure Mobile Access enter your CFS Windows username and password, then choose "cfs.local" from the Domain drop down. Once you have entered this information press the "Login" button
- You will need to now associate your account with an Authentication App. To do this, click the "Bind" link as shown in the following screen shot:
- You will now be shown the QR code that you must scan with the Authenticator app "Authy".
PLEASE NOTE: this qr code in the image below is a sample, DO NOT SCAN
- Withe QR code being shown in the previous step, open up the "Authy" 2-Factor Authenticator app and click the "Add Account" button
- Press the "Scan QR Code" button to launch the camera:
- You will now be prompted to allow Authy to access your camera and/or microphone. Press "OK" or "Accept" to each of the prompts.
- With your phone camera now capturing, point it at the code on your screen. One the code has been detected by your camera you will automatically be brought to the "Account Nickname" screen. Change the Account nickname to "CFS VPN"
- Click the "Edit Logo" text and click either the option of "SonicWall" or "Generic Logo". Once you have made a selections press the "Continue" button
- You have successfully saved 2-Factor for the VPN connection! with the code displayed on your mobile device for "CFS VPN token" either remember this code or write it down for the next step.
NOTE: This code gets regenerated every 30 seconds, so you must move quick
- Navigate to the screen where you QR code is being displayed from the earlier steps and enter the code into the "code" field copied from the last step. Once you have entered the code press the "Login" button
- You have now successfully paired your Authentication app to use the VPN client! you should now see the following screen at login. From here you