This article will outline the steps needed to take to start a Zoom Teleconference / Telehealth session from the zoom application installed on your apple iPhone.
Please read through all important information before continuing with this article
- This application must be downloaded from the apple app store or by clicking HERE.
- Your zoom session length is limited to 40 minutes. If you require additional time you will need to start another session.
Please follow the steps below to successfully initiate a zoom session using the apple iPhone app.
- Open the app from your phone
- Click the "Sign In" link as shown in the screen shot below. If you need more information to complete that step, please click HERE
- Enter the email address and password used when registering for zoom. If you need more information to complete that step, please click HERE
- Zoom will now ask for your permission to send notifications, please choose "Allow"
- (Optional) Zoom will now ask to access your calendar, choose either "Don't Allow" or "Allow". Its asking for this permission to make it easier to launch meetings and most likely will save you time if you are performing many calendar related sessions
- Zoom will now ask for you permission to use Siri, please select "Don't Allow"
- (Optional) If you would like to login the next time with face id security, choose "Yes", otherwise choose "No"
- When prompted to start a meeting, make sure that the toggle for "Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI)" is in the on position as shown below. This means that each of your sessions will have the same meeting id personalized to you and will always stay that way instead of creating a random meeting room each time.
- When prompted to enable microphone capabilities, please choose "OK"
- Zoom will now ask your call in preference, it is recommended that you choose "Call using Internet Audio", however if that presents issues, then choose "Dial in" and call in using phone different then the one you are currently on
- Now your session has started. To invite a patient, please click the "Participants" icon as shown below:
- Choose the method in which you would like to invite the patient. "Send Email"" will allow you to send the meeting information to the patient via email. "Send Message" will allow you to send the meeting information to the patient via a text message to their phone:
- Follow the the instruction to either enter the email address (if "Send Email" was chosen) or enter the phone number (if "Send Message") was chosen.
- You have now successfully invited the patient to your session, please wait for them to arrive.